What you will need
- Container to brew in, we like this 2-gallon water dispenser style jar.
- A way to filter out the coffee grounds. We use a cotton cloth bag to hold the coffee for easy disposal of grounds, but you can add all the coffee to the container and simply strain out later using a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer, or brew in a French press and simply press down and strain as normal.
- Fresh whole bean coffee, we used CBC Roasters Colombia Narino medium roast.
- Clean filtered water (never distilled).
How to brew
- Use 1-part coffee for every 16 parts water. For a large recipe we would use 12 oz (340 g) of coffee to 192 oz /1.5 gallons (5440 g) of fresh filtered water.
- Grind the coffee coarsely like you would for a French Press and to your brewing container.
- Add all of the water, stir to make sure all of the grounds are evenly saturated.
- Let sit for 12 hours at room temperature or 24 hours in the fridge.
- Serve over ice, maybe add a little cream. Enjoy!